Infectious Disease and Emerging Pathogen Update (2022.50): Monkeypox Surveillance and Guidance Updates
Monkeypox Surveillance Updates:
- Global: 61,282 cases, 20 deaths
- US: 23,449 cases, 1 death
- GA: 1,702 cases, 0 deaths (Weekly GA Monkeypox cases and vaccination demographic reports can be found here)
Case data as of 9/19/22 2:00pm
WHO Monkeypox Outbreak Updates: (Updated 9/7/22)
- During the week of 29 August to 4 September 2022, the number of cases reported in the regions of Europe and America declined compared to the week of 22 to 28 august, driving the observed global decrease.
- On 25 August, WHO updated the interim guidance on Surveillance, case investigation, and contact tracing for monkeypox with the latest information on symptomatology and epidemiological parameters, and to align with the Temporary Recommendations issued by the Director General, after the declaration of the Public Health Emergency of International concern (PHEIC).
- On 1 September, WHO published new public health advice on preventing stigma and discrimination: Communications and community engagement interim guidance on using inclusive language in understanding, preventing and addressing stigma and discrimination related to monkeypox.
Monkeypox Vaccine Administration:
CDC Vaccine data as of 9/13/22 4:00 am
Please note, our GNR Community Partner Calls will be suspended indefinitely. We will let you know if it needs to be reinstated. Until then, please look for updates through our Infectious Disease and Emerging Pathogen Update emails.*
Please contact us if you have any questions.