Mountain Park Academy – COVID-19 Update ! ** VERY IMPORTANT **
Some of you may have heard that Governor Kemp advised schools and child care centers to consider whether they should close for the next two weeks. Governor Kemp stressed that this decision should be made by local school owners/officials based on whether there is any evidence of COVID-19 in the school or local area. At this time neither the CDC nor Bright From the Start has requested services to be suspended.
We have been monitoring our school carefully, and at this time, we have seen no evidence of the virus. Thus, we are remaining open so we can continue to educate your children and keep them safe while you are working.
We will continue to keep a close watch and follow CDC guidance in making closure decisions. Until then we request:
1. Upon entering the building you (Parents) MUST wash your hands in the restroom to the left of the front desk before dropping your child off or signing them in.
Our Staff has been following this procedure for the past week and we feel it needs to be extended to all parents and visitors to our building.
2. If you or your child are showing symptoms of any illness, please keep your child at home to prevent the spread of any illness to others in our school.
3. If we call you to pickup your child due to any symptoms you MUST make the arrangement to pick them up within 1 Hour. We ask that you please make some arrangement now so the child can be picked up within the hour.
4. Any Students that have been out due to ANY illness will be requested to bring a Doctor’s Note to Return. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
5. Any teachers that are out sick will be requested to have a Doctor’s Note to Return to work as well as have been tested and cleared for COVID-19.
If there will be any disruption in service, we do ask that you check your emails, Notices on the Front Door as well as our website.
Best Practices to fight CoronaVirus.